Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hiking The Chief

This weekend, pk and I hiked the Stawamus Chief in Squamish. It's about a 2hr hike up 550 metres to the top... crazy uphillness all the way. It was quite the workout. I'm definitely not as fit as I'd like to be. Had to take it slow on the way up but the view from the top was awesome. While at the top, eating my blueberry cheesecake powerbar, a bold little chipmunk jumped on my knee! (See photo below for the little jerk) It's a good thing I was sitting down or I may have fallen off the edge of the Chief! Hopefully we can do the same hike again very soon. Loads of fun. To see the view from the top, check out this video.



Click on the images below to see a larger version of each photo.



2 comments:

franny said...

nice photos, especially the second one , Spectacular!

Mark said...

Very cool. Hey, have you seen this?? http://www.nataliedee.com/032806/hats-for-tats.jpg