Sunday, February 26, 2006

Ends in Torino, but now it begins here...

Just finished watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. I started my knitting challenge when the torch was lit on Friday the 10th and finished my project on the Sunday the 12th. I was completely surprised that I was able to teach myself to read a pattern and learn to knit Continental Style and finish a baby sweater in just 2.5 days. Click here to see my finished project. I had planned to start another project but unfortunately, it just didn't happen.

However, in the past two weeks I accomplished another goal I had set for myself. I got to take a full day ski lesson at Whistler. It was an excellent day. I was, of course, the best in my group... I've got the whole snowplow thing down! I can't wait to get out on the slopes a few more times this winter. The views from the top of Whistler were gorgeous.

Last week we found 5 pennies in our yard again... and today I found 3! Three pennies in one day! We've found pennies in our yard every week since we moved here back in November. It's quite strange really how pennies just keep appearing in our flowerbeds and grass. Thanks Penny Fairy! Keep those pennies coming.. and feel free to throw in some loonies and toonies too!

I'm still a Money Magnet (thank you, thank you, thank you!)

No comments: