Wednesday, January 18, 2006

How did it get to be the 18th already?

I can't believe it's already the 18th.
Last week we got a visit from the Welcome Wagon. A nice lady dropped by to welcome us to the community and sat down with us to give us information about the surrounding area. She came bearing brochures and pamphlets and even gifts.

My good friend Gus from Toronto/k-town was in town for the wknd. He had a job interview out here. It was great to go out exploring the city with a friend and to show him around our new digs. We'll see soon about whether I'll have a new old friend joining me in the west coast livin'.

I made a successful attempt at making Irish soda bread this weekend. It wasn't as good as my mama's of course... but it was still pretty tasty. I didn't have my mama's recipe, so I had to experiment and alter the vegan recipe I was working from.

That's about it for this week's update. Will post again... very soon.
/n;)

No comments: