Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Calendar Year Day

So it's 2006 and I get to use my new calendars. Yay!

Thanks to all my family and pk's family for all the wonderful pressies. We had a great Christmas. We visited my aunt and cousin in Langley on Christmas Day for a wonderful dinner. Then on boxing day, pk and I got hit with a yucky virus of some sort. I woke up feeling like I had been kicked in the face. Knocked all the energy out of me and filled my sinuses with fluid. yummy. Had to take off a couple days of work. But we're getting better. slowly.

Last night, we didn't really have the energy to do anything spectacular for NYE. Around 11:30pm we dragged ourselves off the couch and walked to the pier. The pier was full of loud teenagers so we walked a bit further to the beach where we stood in the sand and watched the party boats with their lights and horns blowing and the firewalks going off all in the distance all around us. Nice and simple.

Still not feeling 100% today. We did get to do a bit of baking today. Pk made chocolate chip cookies (total yummers!) and i attempted some soda bread - it turned out alright but didn't taste as good as my mama's.

With all these days off and no energy to do too much, I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of knitting. On boxing day I made 3 hats for fun and one earflap hat for mymy at work the next day on my knitting loom. I bought it a while back but never used it until now. I finished the Yarn Harlot book mia gave me for Christmas today. It was the perfect gift as just a few weeks before Christmas I came across the Yarn Harlot's blog and told pk that I'd love to get her book. Unbeknownst to me, mia had sent the book and it was sitting under pk's seat in the car waiting to be wrapped :)

I'm still working on a scarf for mia. Pk's mom gave me some wonderful yarn in my favourite colour that has the makings of a nice warm fuzzy blue poncho begging to be cast on to my new needles from the circular needle set pk gave me. I l-o-v-e it! Mind you I still have a sweater and 2 scarves that still need to be finished. But if I get bored working on one project, I'll have some other projects to work on for a bit. It's ok to have a little variety right???

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and all the best wishes for a prosperous and fantastic 2006.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Happy New Years Nules... Hope you guys get well soon!