Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Potter Prejudice

Pk and I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire this wknd. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Lots of action - though the movie seemed to fly through everything a bit too quickly... but that's understandable considering it's one of the longer books and a lot happens that can't possibly fit in 2.5 hrs.

The next movie I want to see is the new Pride & Prejudice... though I have a feeling its not one that pk would like to sit through with me. Brooke, I wish you were here so we could see it together... and then daydream about having picnics in the countryside speaking in english accents... sigh...

So the big moving day is arriving soon. I'm taking the day off work on Thursday to start packing so everything will be ready to go when we get the van on Saturday.
I'm looking forward to this whole deal being over. The neighbours below apologized yesterday which is all nice and good. He said he turns into a different person when he drinks and his New Year's resolution is to cut down. It's great that he realizes why they fight... but I really don't want to have to put up with them screaming at each other everytime he has a drink.

On the work front, I made my first sale yesterday. My first commission :)
In the office, we have a windchime hanging that you get to ring whenever you make a sale. It's a nice way to acknowledge people who were able to make a sale. Hopefully there'll be more to come for me once I am comfortable with all the information I'm learning and can actually focus on making a sale.

It's been crazy foggy this past week. It's pretty clear where we are up in the mountains but once we start getting into the lower elevation the fog gets sooooo thick! Here are a few pics of what the drive to work has been these past few days.


And last but not least, a BIG HUG & THANK YOU to my Auntie Mary and my parents for sending me some wonderful little pressies from Ireland.
Thanks mom and dad for finding a Moleskine notebook. I love it!
And thanks to auntie mary for the handy little cookbook and the lovely jewelry!

No comments: