Friday, October 07, 2005

Yarn Heaven

For the past few weeks I've been searching for the hat and mittens I knitted last winter. I went through all our boxes again and again but my search was fruitless. I didn't want to believe that I may have lost them in the move. The thought that the first hat I've ever knitted was missing made me very glum indeed. See below.



Yesterday I reluctantly accepted the idea that they may be lost forever and decided that I'd knit myself a new set to make me feel better as soon as I finish my little kitty blanket.

Jasper has claimed my papasan as his own. I can no longer sit in it without cleaning off insane amounts of cat hair so I decided to knit a little blanket to cover my papasan. Hopefully he'll sit atop that so that my chair can remain relatively fur free. I'm about halfway to completion on the blanket. This morning I was searching for my hair elastics to pull my hair back while I knit. My hair is finally out of that 'inbetween' stage so I can keep it out of my way now. I opened a small bag that I thought may contain my elastics and what did I find?

My hat and mits!!! (and elastics)



So today I'm extremely delighted to find that my hat and mits were not lost and now even more excited about knitting a new set just for fun :)

(btw, that sweater in the pic is my very first sweater project. The sleeves are a bit short but that's what I get for not using a pattern - can't seem to follow a pattern for the life of me)

I have another reason to be excited this wknd. Tomorrow I'll be going to The Knit & Stitch Shoppe (the only knitting store in north van). It looks like heaven. I can't wait to run my hands over all the textures and take in all the vibrant colours of so much yarn in one place. Maybe I'll get pk to pick a colour or two so that I can make something for him. I want to knit something for pk regardless of the Sweater Curse. I've been advised to avoid the sweater curse but I'll take my chances.

I found a North Vancouver Stitch N'Bitch this week so I've joined and hopefully I'll be meeting up with fellow knitcrazies like me on Tuesday nights. I'm looking forward to it.

On Sunday pk and I are going to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. I haven't seen her in ages!
Gone knittin'
n;)

2 comments:

Jon White said...

Hey Nuala,

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and that you and Paul do what Marian and I are doing today....NOTHING!

Ingenium said...

Thanks Jon,
I had a wonderful holiday wknd spent happily eating and knitting :)