Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. I had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday, pk and I ran a few errands and then we went to The Knit & Stitch Shoppe :) pk picked out some yarn for his new hat and I picked out some yarn for myself and a pack of double-sided needles. I had to restrain myself and stick to my limit of spending no more than $50. I left the store quite proud of myself having spent only $47 :)

On Sunday morn we made Blueberry Crumble in the slowcooker to bring to my aunt's place for dessert. (It turned out wonderfully yummers) I started pk's hat and then we went to my aunt's in Langley for Thanksgiving dinner. My aunt created some wonderful dishes. salmon, stuffing ( my fav), callaloo, rice, turkey, and bean salad. For dessert there was cake (for my cousins b-day) pumkin pie, and our blueberry crumble.

On Monday, after a nice sleep in, I worked on pk's hat which I finished in time for pk's splendid dinner of baked squash and vegetable soup (from the slowcooker of course).
Here's the finished product:

Yesterday I went to my first North Van Stitch n'Bitch. It was nice to get out and meet some people with the same crazy interest in knitting. They meet every tuesday for knitting and other craft projects. Should be interesting to go every once and a while to keep myself motivated with all things crafty. I worked on kitting my new hat which I am hoping to finish this eve or tomorrow.

i should get back to work - at pk's work redesigning their new media kit.

no;)

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Where is the Tuesday North Van S&B? I thought I knew them all. Another N Van blogger,
Li

Ingenium said...

The SnB meetings have now changed to Wednesdays.. For some reason the direct link is giving me trouble so you can find the North Van SnB group homepage by searching under Canada on this site:
http://www.stitchnbitch.org/snb_groups.htm

scroll near the bottom of the list and you'll find the Canada listings.

/no;)